Another LOST party, this time with Cowboys and Indians costumes!
These parties get such a great rap, you’d be mad not to aim to get yourself a ticket for this Sydney party experience, tickets are limited so don’t be disappointed if you miss out. You can always try again for the next one.
[box type=”tick” style=”rounded” border=”full”]keep scrolling for costume ideas and some photographed costume sugestions[/box]
People go so such great lengths with their costumes, that if you only play half your cards you’ll be disappointed. Go all out. and have fun with it. Life is fun! Get into the ridiculous and don’t bother taking yourself too seriously, nobody else does!
[box type=”info”]Did you know that chaps were brought to Mexico by the spanish? Apparently, “chaperajos” started as large pieces of cowhide attached to the saddle that wrapped around the legs to protect the legs from cactus and other brush. The Mexican Cowboys were the first to turn them into separate pant legs attached with a belt. American cowboy TV shows then gave them the batwing look, and added more decorative elements.[/box]
The Lost Events parties are a well thought out experience with a pick up and drop off to a secret destination. They are like a mini festival with a bar on site and also food stalls.
Theme: Badlands, Wild West.
Cowboys and Indians, Shoot ’em up wild west! The wild frontier.
There are many ways one could tackle this theme.
Basically, the way I see it, is its all about survival.
What ever we stand for in this wild frontier is under threat, and we’ve got to stand and deliver, or transform into a new way of being to protect all that is dear to us.
So, what’s shaped you to be the character you choose for the party?
Who are you? and what are you standing for?
What’s your history? Where’s the inspiration coming from? Lets explore a few characters, and from that, you may start to define yourself and your costume.
- The good, the bad and the ugly. Chaps, vests, guns and holsters, cowboy hats, aviator sunglasses (for a more modern take), bandanas around the neck (to protect your face from dust when you’re riding on the dusty plains), your trusty steed, cowboy boots, 3 day growth (beard), moustache, fringing, guitar,
- Calamity Jane!
South of the border part I
- Rough and tumble.
- Ponchos and somberos, fat mustachios, grog. Guns and pellets.
- Peaceful weavers and farmers with big skirts and blouses and vests, ribbons and plaits
South of the border part II – after the spanish conquistador influence
- Sexy seniorita’s with lace gloves, red roses and black and red frills.
- Mariachi’s, with coins down the sides of their jackets and pants
- Wealthy Spanish businessmen, silver mining magnates,
- Why not go dressed as a silver or gold nugget?
American Indian Tribal
- young strong warriors,
- beautiful squaw maidens,
- mythological characters,
- spirit of various animals, snake, buffalo etc.
- feathers, leather, plaits, bone
- wenches, corsetry and frilled petticoats
- bar attendants,
- gambling down and outers,
- successful gamblers,
- modern-day cheerleading saloonbar girls,
- Gambling tricksters
Little House on the prairie
- good natured country folk
- petticoats and bonnets
- slacks vests and leather brimmed hats
- Petticoat Junction
- bad teeth, messy hair, dirty face
- rope belts on ripped badly fitting pants
- dirty feet
What are you fighting for or standing for? for money? for property? for a long standing family feud? for love?
What are you fighting? – your family? other families? A tribe of indians? a gang of Banditos? Fancily dressed power mongering business men? The railway going through your homestead? the bottle?
What are you standing for? – peace? love? harmony? happiness? power? money? funtimes? women? booze? cardgames? a promotion? your town? your country? your tribe? your family?
Where are your strengths: Loyalty? sure shot gun firing? archery? scapling? card tricks? turning tricks? horse riding? dancing? are you a charmer? are you kind and gentle? Are you out to have fun?
Where are your weaknesses: jealousy? quick to anger? quick to fire? alcoholism? women? gambling? overly competitive? greedy? gluttonous? power hungry? are you a coward? are you suspicious? paranoid? weak?
I like to start with a character, and work something out around that.
Having said that, there’s something to be said for keeping an open mind. You may stumble across something you never imagined! Like an awesome petticoat, or sequinned corset, or suede vest, that has you magically turn your ideas over to another direction.
So go on! Get cracking! Make ideas.
Sort out your costume budget, and then come and see me to fulfil on your vision.
For more information on these well designed, infamous Lost parties, see the following link: